CALL for PAPER PROPOSALS
The NCCC-134 Committee on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management will host its 2021 Conference on April 19-20, 2021. Due to the ongoing uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2021 conference will be held virtually.
***We will make every effort to maximize the benefits of the meetings in this virtual format, particularly the feedback the authors receive on their work. To achieve that we will ask each presenter to review two presentations and the moderators to review each presentation in their sessions. Thus, each presentation will receive at least 3 reviews in addition to the comments made during the presentation.***
Proposed papers should emphasize applied research. We encourage papers on commodity price forecasting, farm and agribusiness risk management, futures and options markets, as well as price analysis problems or issues. Please submit work that will be completed by April 2021 on these and the following topics in commodity markets:
- Supply, demand, and price behavior
- Improved forecasting methods
- Improved risk management procedures
- Futures and options markets
Submit a two-page (double spaced) prospectus which contains the following.
1. Statement of the problem 3. Data and empirical procedures
2. Research objectives 4. Likely results and practical implications
Proposals SHOULD NOT IDENTIFY AUTHORS to protect their anonymity in the review process. Proposals should be Adobe Acrobat files (pdf) and the file names should not contain author names. An example proposal is posted at our website here (To download, right-click and 'Save Target As'...).
Authors should submit their proposals through online submission system by following the link https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/NCCC1342021. Submissions must be made by November 15, 2020.
- If you have not submitted through this system in the past, you will need to create a user account
by clicking the "Registration" tab in the online system.
- After you log in to the system, click "+ Create new submission" in the Author Console.
- Enter the title of your proposal.
- The section "AUTHORS" should list your e-mail address, Name, Organization, and Country.
- To add more authors, please enter the e-mail address of your co-author and click "+ Add." Fill in the fields to provide the name, organization, and country of your co-author and click "+ Add." Repeat this process to add more co-authors.
- To upload your proposal click "Upload from Computer" and select the file.
- Click "Submit."
Screening committee will notify all submitting authors of their decision in December 2020. Successful authors must complete and submit their research presentation by April 10, 2021. Completed manuscripts are due on June 1, 2021 for digital publication.
See you in 2021!
Olga Isengildina Massa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mindy Mallory (email@example.com)
An example meetings paper is linked here.